Crabbie’s Dark & Stormy pudding
- 100g unsalted butter
- 140g soft brown sugar
- 2 large eggs - whisked
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 175g Self Raising flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 100ml Crabbie's ginger beer
- 200g chopped dried dates
FOR THE TOFFEE SAUCE
- 175g light brown soft sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Crabbie's Ginger Beer
- 225ml Double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
- Pre – heat oven to 180oc, gas 4.
- Grease and lightly flour 4 individual ovenproof pudding dishes.
- Beat together the butter and the sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time and then mix in the ginger and rum.
- Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda a little at a time and mix in well. Add the Crabbie's and the dates and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between your dishes being careful not to fill them right to the top or they will cook over the top of your dishes.
- Cook in the pre heated oven for 25- 30 mins until golden brown and firm to touch.
- To make the sauce put the sugar and butter in a saucepan with 125ml of the double cream and the Crabbie's ginger beer. Bring to the boil over a medium heat stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the rest of the cream beating until it thickens.
- Loosen the puddings with a knife from the dishes and turn upside down on your serving plates. Pour over the sauce and serve.